In the realm of ID card printing, Evolis has established itself as a prominent provider of cutting-edge card printing solutions. This blog post aims to delve into and compare five popular models: the Evolis Badgy 100/200, Zenius, Primacy 2, Avansia, and Quantum 2. By examining their unique features, capabilities, and target applications, you can make an informed decision when selecting the perfect printer for your organization's needs.
- Evolis Badgy 100/200: The Evolis Badgy series caters to small-scale card printing requirements, providing an affordable entry point into the ID card printing landscape. These user-friendly printers, the Badgy 100 and Badgy 200, boast easy setup and operation. They are particularly suitable for businesses, clubs, and schools that require basic ID cards and badges. While the Badgy 100 produces single-sided prints, the Badgy 200 allows for dual-sided printing, enabling more information and design elements on the card.
- Evolis Zenius: Striking a balance between affordability and performance, the Evolis Zenius targets mid-volume card printing needs. This compact and efficient printer offers high-quality, single-sided card printing with advanced encoding options. The Zenius is an excellent choice for organizations that need to produce membership cards, employee IDs, access control cards, and more. Its standout feature is its ability to print in color, ensuring vibrant and eye-catching designs that can enhance brand identity.
- Evolis Primacy 2: With its versatility and adaptability, the Evolis Primacy 2 caters to the needs of small and large organizations alike. It offers the flexibility of single-sided and dual-sided printing to accommodate various card design requirements. The Primacy 2's modular design allows for easy upgrades, such as magnetic stripe encoding, contact and contactless chip encoding, and lamination. Its fast printing speed and high-capacity input/output hoppers make it an ideal choice for businesses with moderate to high card production volumes.
- Evolis Avansia: The Evolis Avansia represents the pinnacle of card printing technology, making it ideal for high-security applications. This retransfer printer utilizes reverse transfer printing, enabling exceptional image quality, durability, and tamper-resistant features. The Avansia can produce cards with raised text, microtext, and other security features, making it suitable for national ID cards, driver's licenses, and access control badges in sensitive environments. Its robust construction and high-capacity input/output hoppers ensure continuous, uninterrupted printing.
- Evolis Quantum 2: Designed to meet the demands of large-scale card production, the Evolis Quantum 2 offers unmatched printing capabilities. This industrial-grade printer combines high-speed printing with advanced encoding options, making it suitable for government agencies, large corporations, and universities with substantial ID card requirements. The Quantum 2 features a dual-sided printing module, allowing for simultaneous printing and encoding. With its exceptional throughput and flexibility, it can produce a significant number of cards within a short timeframe.
Selecting the most suitable ID card printer from Evolis depends on your organization's specific needs and printing volume. The Badgy 100/200 serves as an entry-level option, while the Zenius offers color printing for mid-volume requirements. The Primacy 2 provides versatility and upgrade options, while the Avansia excels in high-security printing applications. For large-scale production demands, the Quantum 2 stands out with its unmatched throughput and advanced encoding capabilities. By considering factors such as printing volume, budget, card design requirements, and security features, you can confidently choose the Evolis printer that best suits your organization's ID card printing needs.